Knit Flix

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Official Errata for Vogue Knitting Flame Stitch Cardigan

VK has posted the corrections to the Flame Stitch Cardigan pattern #9 in the Spring/Summer 2005 issue.

I'll save you a click--here they are:
Pattern #9, page 103

Divide for Back and Fronts
Next row (WS)
Work 47 (51, 56) sts
Work until there are 87 (97, 105) sts on RH needle and….

Neck shaping
AT THE SAME TIME. on the first RS row, work neck shaping by binding off 1 st at beg of next 10 RS rows, then *bind off 2 sts at beg of next RS row, bind off 1 st at beg of next 2 RS rows* rep between *’s twice more (for 22 sts dec’d at neck).

Clarification
When working the sleeves, be sure that there is always a yo to compensate for each dec in every row to keep the st count the same. If not, then omit the yo or dec at the side edges.

That's it? No mention of the sloped bind off or the sleeve cap shaping or the crochet instructions. The "Clarification" doesn't just apply to the sleeves, and IMHO it isn't a good solution--it'll noticeably alter the stitch pattern.

Honestly I don't know if the other 2 corrections are right--I won't be looking at this pattern again if I can help it.

I'm very disappointed that VK/Soho couldn't take the input given to them, understand it, and publish it in a timely manner. I mean come on, the corrections were tested, packaged, and delivered via email. I guess I forgot the silver platter and the big red bow.

So, guess what I'm wearing today? LOL! I love this sweater.
.

1 Comments:

  • That is really lame! I'm just so glad you documented all your changes, otherwise I would have been stuck stuck stuck. I want to start something else in that issue of VK, but a little hesitant... (who knows what kind of errors I would encounter?)

    By Blogger Angela M, at 6/17/2005 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home