Knit Flix

Saturday, July 26, 2008

I need longer arms

so I can take better pictures for you.


Project details on Ravelry

The hemp sweater is in the homestretch!

The knitting and sewing are done. There are many ends to take care of and in keeping with everything having to be done twice on this sweater (more on that later), I'm splitting the yarn in half and weaving in 3 ply ends. Okay, I probably won't split every end, but I will do it for those that are smack dab in the middle of the fabric.

After that it'll need to be blocked again. Goodness, I've lost count how many times I've blocked the pieces of this sweater--the body and the sleeves have been blocked multiple times. BUT, the buttonbands and collar haven't touched water yet, so it's best that I block before sewing on the buttons, right?

It'll be a few more days with drying time and all, but it looks like my summer/fall sweater will be will be wearable in summer/fall! What a concept.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home