Knit Flix

Monday, February 02, 2009

Coming up for air

I survived another quarter end at work and although there's still plenty to be done, I feel like I'm able to come up for air.

Here's what's been happening in between the reporting and analysis...

A couple of weeks ago I listed 6 projects that I need to finish or move forward with before starting a more interesting project. I'm happy to report that I've finished (well, almost finished) 2 items on the list.

  • A pattern and knitting. The pattern is 80% along and the knitting is close to finished. Deadline: Stitches West

  • A new sock pattern and knitting for... not sure where this will be submitted, it depends on when it's finished. This design is going through its final iterations.
    The pattern and knitting are finished. Need to take photos.

  • 50/50 Merino Tencel : 2 singles ready for plying.

  • Stitches West homework. Just a bit of ribbing.
    Finished.

  • Sipalu Bag: The reverse st st bit at the top of the bag is flaring out, even after blocking. It needs to be ripped out and re-knit on smaller needles. I'd like to start (maybe even finish) knitting the strap before starting a new project.

  • Aguona Laptop Bag: Needs a zipper, maybe lining, and sewing up in general.

2 out of 6. Not great, but not bad considering how taxed my brain has been. I did manage to fit in and finish small projects that weren't on the list.

  • A square for Alison: Alison is the author of Wrapped in Comfort: Knitted Lace Shawls and she frequents Purlescence. I've only seen her a couple of times in the store, but was moved by her story. She's been been in the hospital having a challenging time with health issues. In response, knitters far and wide are contributing squares for a healing afghan. The Purlescence knitters are doing the same in a local effort and I made a square with Dream in Color Classy. Alison has been blogging through this difficult time... I hope she is able to go home soon and recover quicky.

  • Knitspiration shirt: Work kept me away from the January Knitspiration meeting, but Spinnity had me over for a one-on-one stenciling session where she walked me through the steps and I stenciled her design on my shirt. Isn't it cute? It looks better on. Some day I'll take that photo... with better lighting.


    Knitspiration!

    I love the brown--Spinnity bought that color with me in mind. She's always looking out for me.

    Guild members are going to wear their shirts at Stitches West. Represent!

  • Gear bag: I needed a little bag to keep cords and cables organized. Yesterday after I finished the sock pattern, I rewarded myself by turning a ball of Sugar 'n Cream into a crochet bag. Quick, functional, and finished.


    Gear bag


    Cords and cables in the gear bag

One last note, Punxsutawney Phil predicted 6 more weeks of winter today. I would like to see those 6 weeks bring snow to the Sierras and rain to my area to ease the threat of drought this year. With that, I hope that all those who are suffering from crushing cold, ice, and snow get relief sooner rather than later.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Two of six, while slammed? You rock! I think I scored a goose egg - not one knitted object finished in January!

    I'm so very glad you like your stencilly shirt and I can't wait to see it on.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 2/04/2009 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home