Knit Flix

Monday, January 05, 2009

First FO(s) of 2009

When I was at the fabric store buying the lining materials for the Sipalu bag, I made the mistake of going to the yarn section... you know, just to see if anything in their limited selection was on sale.

Sugar 'n Cream was just under $2/ball and I saw one ball in a new color series I hadn't seen before, Culinary Colors. (Huh. That's interesting. The Lily site doesn't show the Culinary Colors line. It must be really new--or really old.)

Anyway, the combination of color & price forced me (yes, forced me) to buy some kitchen cotton.

That day I cast on and finished a couple of dishcloths. I used the same st pattern as the Scrunchable Scarf.


Scrunchable for dishes
Needles: US 7 / 4.5 mm & US 8 / 5.0 mm
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream Culinary Colors
How much?: 1 skein = 150.0 yards (137.2m) = 2 dishcloths
Colorway: Wooded Moss


Don't you like how the colors travel diagonally and create a plaid effect? I saw the same thing in the holiday scarfs and thought it was very cool.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • I love the look of those so much that I am tempted to go and do the same thing.

    By Blogger Lisa, at 1/06/2009 12:22 AM  

  • Neat!
    Little question: About how much yarn is needed to knit a 2-year old child`s sweater with average yarn
    (4-ply, worsted weight...not special, kind of usual thick)?????
    How many ounces about? And about how many yards?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/07/2009 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home