Knit Flix

Saturday, July 03, 2010

Go! TdF Prologue

The Tour de France starts today and as the premiere riders make their way through Rotterdam (Go Team Radioshack!), spinners around the world will spin with them in the Tour de Fleece.

This is the first year I'm participating and I'm spinning for Team Spinnity and Team Lendrum. My #1 goal is to spin everyday. Period. It could be for 5 minutes or 2 hours, but work the fiber every day. The second goal is to spin fiber from local and/or indie dyers. The third goal is to work through as much stash fiber as I can without hurting myself. If I can get the hang of it, I'd also like to do all of the above using my fast flyer.

Here is some of the fiber I have to choose from:


Pigeonroof Studios roving
50/50 Superwash Merino/Silk
Colorway: Morocco



Pigeonroof Studios roving
50/50 Superwash Merino/Silk
Colorway: watered silk



Lisa Souza BFL Wild Things


Lisa Souza BFL Olive Tones


Knit Flix Love Me Baby


Knit Flix 7th Veil

plus much more!

The first bump to spin comes from Amy Klimt's Out of Step Dyeworks.


Out of Step Dyeworks Merino/Bamboo
Color: Dagon
80% Superwash Merino
20% Rayon from Bamboo
Out of Step Dyeworks


I bought the fiber from Amy at the Oakland Fiber Festival last weekend where she had a show special, buy fiber or yarn and get a free stitch marker made by DecorNoir. I got the last yarn monster eye. (Score!)


Out of Step Dyeworks Fiber and DecorNoir Stitch Marker

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home