Knit Flix

Thursday, July 08, 2010

Winnow

Knitty First Fall 2010 went live today and Winnow is in it!


Winnow


The pattern has wheat heads up the front and back of the sock and lacy panels on the sides. Wheat + airy lace = Winnow. And I like to think the sock is what's left after the chaff flies away. ;)

After I submitted the pattern I got a request for photos with real feet in the socks. Plural, socks.

Thankfully by then I had finished the second sock (whew!).

I asked Bill to help me out with his mad photography skills. I wanted to keep the rustic feel of the single sock images, so the double sock shots were taken at The Picchetti Winery in Cupertino where there's a great building with weathered wood and a rock wall full of texture.


Winnow
Photo: William F. Walker


Thank you Bill, that set of photos is really beautiful.

Well, it's out in the wild and initial response has been positive. I'll write more about the pattern later. It has been a long day, but a great day thanks to Knitty and all of you. :D

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home