Knit Flix

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

In a funk

I don't know what happened, but I must have tripped and fallen into a funk. I'm out of sorts and not motivated to do much. Maybe it's the moon, maybe it's the change in weather, I don't know.

So what am I doing here? I thought I'd post a list of things I'd like to do, a list to consult when I'm staring into space.
  1. Finish editing word doc.
  2. Make 3 more hats for the craft fair.
  3. Finish waffle weave project & warp next project.
  4. Finish writing one of the patterns designed/started.
  5. Finish Navajo ply-on-the-fly spinning.
  6. Work out.
  7. Bake something.
  8. Design something.
  9. Clean something.
  10. Blog - post photos taken earlier this year.

Make it so!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • I just got myself out of a major funk. Writing down the things I wanted to do and change really helped me as well. My list also included some working out and cleaning, but it didn't include baking and probably should have. Luckily I have pecan pie baking scheduled for next Tuesday. Good luck getting out of your funk. Looking forward to seeing all the things you create.

    By Blogger Stephanie M, at 11/16/2011 9:14 PM  

  • Thanks so much for your comment Stephanie. I did some editing tonight and started the next hat and just doing that little bit has helped make me feel a little bit better. Pecan pie sounds wonderful. I should bake a pie.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/16/2011 9:19 PM  

  • I'm with you in funky town. I haven't tried the "make a list & do some stuff" method of getting out yet, but I'm thinking Navajo ply on the fly might actually help me work it out.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/17/2011 12:52 PM  

  • Hi Spinnity, I think there are a lot of us in funky town. I made some progress on #1 & #2 on my list so that helped me feel like I wasn't a total slug. I think you have some knitting & visiting in your future--that should help you cheer up I think.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/17/2011 1:02 PM  

  • Yah, I could use a little break from this path - I'm gonna hug that visit for all it's worth!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/18/2011 9:01 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about the funky town visit. I've been feeling this, too. So much on my to do list that I feel very overwhelmed. But, I'm slowly but surely starting to leave it behind. I think small goals (that chip away at bigger goals) is the secret, sort of like working a round of knitting or bump of fiber.

    Here's wishing you success and less funk (unless it's the Bootsy Collins variety).

    xoxox,
    Michael

    By Blogger WonderMike, at 11/25/2011 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home