Knit Flix

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

CA State Fair results


The  results are in from the California State Fair Creative Arts competition!

Lisa Souza Zen Top in South Pacific

Handspun Yarn: First Place
Silken sheen, soft hand, elegant variegated monochromatic color, fairly consistent gauge, nicely wound for the presentation. Beautiful -- Congratulations!


Haapsalu shawl
Haapsalu shawl
Details on Ravelry


Knitted Wearing Apparel Adult: Honorable Mention
Beautiful knitting -- beautiful shawl. Dark color tends to mask intricate stitching.

I'm over the moon with getting a blue ribbon for the Lisa Souza Zen handspun. Honorable Mention for the shawl was a little surprising, but I understand. I agree with the comment about the color. That's okay, I'm back in the blue, baby! I'll be heading to Sacramento to see them on display in July.

California State Fair
July 12-29
1600 Exposition Blvd
Sacramento, CA

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I wanna see I wanna see! Congratulations, good to see your work recognized.

    By Blogger Mutare Posts, at 5/29/2012 9:47 PM  

  • Wow, congratulations! If that shawl got honorable mention, I can't imagine what the winner looks like. Amazing work, Janice.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 5/29/2012 9:49 PM  

  • Congratulations on the handspun. It does look gorgeous. Your shawl is fantastic too & I guess the competition must be very keen.

    By Blogger Ann, at 5/30/2012 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home