Knit Flix

Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Knit Flix Challenge Spotlight Project: Weavy Wonder



This week's Knit Flix Challenge spotlight project is Weavy Wonder.

Teacher: Ms. Mead
School: Alain Locke Elementary in Philadelphia, PA | High Poverty
Total cost: $270. Funds to go: $226

  • My Students: Remember what it was like to weave your first potholder at camp or in school? My students never get the chance to experience these basic joys outside of school.

    My students do not have the same childhood experiences that many of us have had. They usually do not get to great experiences like making something with their hands and the satisfaction of completing a simple craft project. What a great feeling it is to carry away something you made yourself!

  • My Project: My students need beads, looms, and lacing materials to have the experience of weaving! With these weaving materials, my students will have the chance to learn to weave fabric, make potholders and understand how to craft a hand made basket. This is a skill they can carry with them into the future. Weaving is a skill that they may pass on to their children. Weaving is a craft that has been employed by many cultures for many centuries.

    Weaving is a relaxing, stress relieving, creative and expressive art. My students are so talented!! They have so much to say and they love to produce useful items that they can take away with pride. Here's a great opportunity to help my kids now and in future years learn to work material on a loom!!

    My students need beads, looms, and lacing materials to have the experience of weaving!
Donations made through DonorsChoose.org are tax deductible.

Spread the word and share this blog post with your friends. Pay it forward!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home