Knit Flix

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Choices, choices

I'm looking for yarn for my next sweater, the VK Cable Cardi.
There's 20sk of DB Cashmerino for sale on eBay in a beautiful lilac. As much as I liked the color and I love the feel of the yarn, I'm eBay-shy after the last experience. Besides I need DK, not aran weight.

So, a trip to Elann brought up 3 possibilities:
  • #1: Schoeller Stahl Morea @ $2.98/sk
    My first choice because of the Merino/Microfiber blend. But, it's sport weight so I'll need to find a different project for it.

  • #2: Filatura Di Crosa 501 @ $3.57/sk
    Superwash Merino is my second choice. Unfortunately, they're out of the color that I want, Cornflower Blue.

  • #3: Gjestal Ren Ny Ull Superwash Sport @ $2.33/sk
    Eventhough the name says "sport", it's really DK weight.
I have 16sk of Nordic Blue Superwash Sport in my shopping cart.

Not sure what I'm waiting for--maybe to add more before I check out?

5 Comments:

  • Oooh! They're all gorgeous!
    -emily

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/01/2004 1:49 PM  

  • I like the color you picked out for that nordic superwash. Did you see the new Austermann Acapella angora blend? I LOVE IT and the pattern you get for free with it! Uh oh.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/01/2004 2:39 PM  

  • Err... I meant mohair. Derr.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/01/2004 2:40 PM  

  • I like the superwash sport you picked out too. And I think the color will look really great. You're so ambitious! You turn out these cabled cardies and kick a** socks like it's a trip to the candy store. Well, good luck with it. Can't wait to see it on the needles. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/02/2004 8:51 AM  

  • Oops, I didn't mean to not sign my name. I foget that I'm not registered and it doesn't sign my name for me. Hehehe. -Jeni

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/04/2004 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home