Knit Flix

Friday, July 02, 2004

Diamond Pullover yarn dilemma

Okay, so it's not a dilemma per se, but I'd like to get your help choosing a color. I'm thinking of making the modular diamond pullover in Vogue Spring/Summer '04. Unfortunately I don't have a photo of the sweater on-line, but take a look at Lizzi's WIP--scroll to the 6/2 post--and you'll get an idea of what it will look like.

The yarn of choice is Schachenmayr Micro Color, and the colors I'm considering are Magnolia Blooms, Evening Shadows, and Lily Pond. Or would you rather see it in a different colorway?

6 Comments:

  • "Evening Shadows" would look great with jeans, as would "Lily Pond" but in a more muted way. I am rather partial to "Alpine Meadow" myself but only because it goes well with my "winter" skin tones.

    By Blogger Marlene, at 7/02/2004 7:32 PM  

  • I like Primrose Garden, but that might be because I'm a purple kinda girl. ;)

    - Emy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/03/2004 10:35 PM  

  • I love the colours of "Lily Pond" and "Evening Shadows." One muted, one bold, but it strikes me that "E.S." will match your blog...

    By Blogger Wendy, at 7/05/2004 12:58 PM  

  • I like Primrose Garden, too. IMHO, it'd be the most fun one to knit up and wear...
    Jon - www.thejonblog.com/knit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/05/2004 5:50 PM  

  • You are such an adventurous knitter Janice and I really admire that about you. Whatever color you choose will look fantastic in those diamonds. Personally, I really like the Lily Pond or Evening Shadows. :-)

    By Blogger Jenn, at 7/06/2004 9:35 AM  

  • Show off, what with the entrelac and everything. Hee!! Just teasing. I think you should go with your first instinct with the bluey colors.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/06/2004 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home