Knit Flix

Friday, July 23, 2004

Feast or famine

Secondhand Lions (**)
Think "Grumpy Old Men meets Big Fish". It was an okay movie, but there was something about Haley Joel Osment that continued to annoy. I must admit, I fell asleep as soon as I put my knitting down so I missed the end. But, after a quick synopsis of the ending from the others in the room, I wasn't motivated to queue up the last chapter.


Feast or famine. That's how it is at work these days. Either I've got so much to do that I'm running around with my hair on fire, or it's the quiet before the storm.

Fun stuff.

What have I been stitchin' while I haven't been bitchin'? I've been spending almost 100% of my time on the DT socks. It seems that's what happens when I participate in the knit-along. I want to keep up with the rest of the group, so it's knit knit knit on the project. But that's cool. I prefer to work on one project at a time.

When my hands ache from the small needles, I switch over to the Diamond Pullover. I'm starting the armhole shaping, but it's not like shaping for any other sweater. The amount of fabric in a diagonal row will continue to increase for a few more rows, then it will decrease (as if any of this is going to make sense to the reader). Once I'm past that point it should go very fast. It's turning out beautifully.

The cabled cardigan hasn't been looked at since I tink-knit-tink-knit-tink-knit. Still holding a grudge I s'ppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home