Knit Flix

Sunday, July 11, 2004

FO15, It's a Cinch Purse

You may have noticed a "mystery" WIP that's been at 98% for quite a while. It's been a stealth project because I was making it for my friend Ilona who reads this blog.

She's getting married at the end of the month, and the idea was to make the "It's a Cinch" purse out of DB Cashmerino, the same yarn she used to make her wedding shawl.

So I finished the tassel for the purse today and gave it to Ilona at the SnB meeting. She was so surprised! I think she's so used to knitting for others, she didn't expect to have someone knit for her.

She happened to bring her wedding shawl to the meeting, so she whipped it out, and wouldn't you know it, the purse is more yellow than the shawl. Rats. I was worried about that after reading one of her blog postings about DB color lots.

Oh well, she's thinking of converting the shawl to a non-wedding poncho. Either way, it was cool to see her face when she saw the FO. It made my day.


Yarn: Debbie Bliss Aran Cashmerino
Needles: Denise US#6
Pattern: It's a Cinch,
Knitter's Magazine, Summer 2004

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • I love love love this purse. Now if I buy the cashmere or pashmina wrap, it'll go perfectly. Win-win. *hugs*

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/12/2004 11:33 AM  

  • So this little bag will be the catalyst for a cashmere purchase? I love it!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 7/12/2004 12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home