Knit Flix

Monday, November 01, 2004

It has been decided

I made my decision on what to do with Zig Zag.

Here are the points for and against ripping out Zig Zag and knitting single stranded or finding a different project for the yarn:

  • Pattern accuracy--I'm holding a grudge against the pattern/designer for being 30% off in the yarn estimate, especially when my gauge is right on.
    - 1 vote for ripping out Zig Zag.
  • Yarn in hand--I have enough yarn in hand for more than 1 sweater, single stranded of course.
    - 1 vote for ripping out Zig Zag.
  • Ripping out the work so far and separating the strands--this was no fun for the 5"x3" double strand swatch.
    - 1 vote for continuing Zig Zag.
  • Work in hand--I'm 1/3 finished with the front & back. Start all over again? I'd rather not.
    - 1 vote for continuing Zig Zag.
  • The single strand swatch doesn't look so hot, more yarn is available, and I'll have the opportunity to buy more yarn to maximize my yarn-to-shipping charges ratio.
    - 10 votes for continuing Zig Zag.
Looks like that's 12 to 2 in favor of buying more yarn--ah, I mean continuing Zig Zag.

The Elann order is in. More Schoeller Stahl Morea for Zig Zag, and enough Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca in Oxford Grey to make Sitcom Chic:



And 3 skeins for Peruvian Collection Pure Alpaca in Celery to make whatever.

Thanks to Ilona for introducing me to the Peruvian Alpaaacaa.

Why did it take so long to make the decision? I guess I wasn't thinking clearly yesterday.

8 Comments:

  • I also love the alpaca! My cardigan should be close to finished by this weekend - hopefully I can make it to SnB and show it off. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2004 12:22 PM  

  • And duh, that was Emy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/01/2004 12:22 PM  

  • Wow, Emy! That's some awesome progress! I'm just on my 4th ball - started on the decreases for the body.

    I love the sitcom chic sweater - can't wait to see how it looks in the alpaaaacaa!!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 11/01/2004 12:27 PM  

  • Cool Emy, can't wait to see it. BTW, how many skeins of Alpaca are you using for the top down sweater? I'm looking for a sanity check from either you or Ilona.

    Thx!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/01/2004 1:34 PM  

  • I bought 13 balls. Emy, how much did you order?

    By Blogger Ilona, at 11/01/2004 3:44 PM  

  • I like the solidity of ZigZag double stranded. I bet if you did only one strand, it would look wimpy. Go, knitter, go!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/01/2004 11:20 PM  

  • Single stranded Zig Zag is definitely wimpy. Much of the definition is lost.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/02/2004 10:34 AM  

  • Bogie - Not that it counts/matters, but hey I'm always for more yar...I mean, continuing with a WIP if at all possible. And I'm working on Sitcom Chic right now, not finding myself as motivated as I'd like to be. Maybe watching your progress will spur me on!

    By Blogger Dusa, at 11/02/2004 5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home