Knit Flix

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Busy busy

Here's a quick update on what's been happening in last couple of days:

  • Quickie Hat & Scarf III are finished.
    (Photo coming soon)
    Another Christmas present--done!


  • Knitting Arts Purchase
    Hard to believe, but last night was my first trip to Knitting Arts. I think what's kept me away from that store is the fear of over indulgence. Well, that threshold has been crossed, and last night's trip resulted in 2 hanks of Colinette Isis, one Lapis and one Fresco. Not exactly over indulgence, but it's a start. One hank will be a Christmas gift. Fair warning: shopping at a LYS may result in "one for me, one for you" buying. But you all knew that already, didn't you?


  • Knitting Meetup
    Last night was the December Knitting Meetup, and we must have had 13-15 people there. I hadn't been to a Meetup in a while, so it was nice to visit with the regulars and see new faces--or was I the new face?!


  • A Step Above progress
    (Photo coming soon)
    2 more triangles to go before the set-up rows and waste yarn row for the afterthought heel. I bet that sounds like gibberish to 99% of you reading this, huh? To put it another way, I'm just about done with the cuff and am about to start the instep of the first sock.

    This entrelac sock is not that difficult once you get into the rhythm of the stitch pattern and picking up stitches. I say that now, but I know that the more difficult task of picking up the stitches for the heel and toe are just around the corner. Ms. Spinnity and I conferred at the Meetup and came up with a plan which may make things easier. I'll elaborate more later.

Photos and more this weekend--after Christmas shopping, wrapping presents, decorating the tree, cleaning house, doing laundry, etc., etc.. Who am I kidding?? I'll be lucky to get the Christmas shopping done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home