Knit Flix

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

One more KO for Christmas?

When I picked the needles back up in February, I started knitting a few small items to be given away at Christmas. Well, I remembered about the bag of FO's and pulled out an item for a certain someone (who may well be reading this blog). I still like the yarn I used, but the color isn't quite right for the intended recipient.

Here's the real problem: the cast-on is a bit too tight, and the cast-off is a bit too loose. Because of the structure of this item, I can't fix the cast-on without ripping it all out. I could (in theory) re-do the cast-off. Or, I could try blocking it.

But what I think I'm going to do is to re-knit it in a color that is more appropriate. It shouldn't take that long. Actually, it can't take that long.

How many days is it until Christmas??

2 Comments:

  • 4 days...yes...4. Are you sure you want to reknit it?

    By Blogger Christina, at 12/21/2004 8:07 PM  

  • I started it tonight. Man, I forgot how difficult it was to get this puppy started. But I'm at a point where it's straightforward knitting. Onward!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/21/2004 11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home