Knit Flix

Friday, April 01, 2005

Hybridized & 20K milestone

Ask and you shall receive--here's a photo of the new vehicle:

The color is Tideland Pearl, green/grey to you and me. The interior is an impractical tan, the only color available for Tideland Pearl.

We treated the seats and headrests with Scotchguard, but I'll still be wary of dirt & smudges--until the first coffee spill of course. Then all bets will be off.

Is this a crafty Prius? There's definitely one opportunity for a knit accessory. An arm rest cover. Why on earth would they have the arm rest in a sueded material? Pleather would have been more practical for sure. I use the arm rest a lot, so for now I'm doing this.


Don't you think an ecru cover in crochet cotton would work here?

If the ISM/USM could handle the fine weight, that would be even better. We'll see what materializes.

If you're wondering about the title of this post, 20K refers to a milestone for the blog. In a few days, Knit Flix will have logged 20,000 visits. Wow! Thanks for stopping by and come back real soon, ya hear?

6 Comments:

  • Nice looking car!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 4/01/2005 7:37 PM  

  • Wow, what a snazzy looking car!

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 4/01/2005 10:32 PM  

  • I'm a little jealous of your lovely little Prius. :)

    By Blogger Emy, at 4/01/2005 11:12 PM  

  • Sure was worth waiting for two months for that beautiful car with great mileage.

    To cover the arm rest, how about using yarn (softer to rest)to either crochet or knit in the same shade of the dashboard? lk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/03/2005 10:58 AM  

  • Congrats on the blogging milestone (and the car ;-) And I just noticed your buttons - I downloaded and linked one on my blog. Just my way of getting you to 30K.

    By Blogger Dusa, at 4/03/2005 5:36 PM  

  • I have been driving a Toyota Prius for 5 years now, and the "wow factor" has never worn off. Wish I could afford the new model. Enjoy the ride!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/25/2005 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home