Knit Flix

Sunday, March 20, 2005

It's just like starting over

I've been wanting to learn how to knit Continental, but haven't felt comfortable purling that way. But this week I read about Norwegian purling, and this technique may make a convert out of me yet. It's a bit more involved than your standard Continential purl, but I like how the yarn stays in back of the work and you don't have to move your left index (or middle) finger so much.

I'm not abandoning the English method, but it sure would be nice to work some other muscles in my hands and wrists. These small needles are taking their toll.

4 Comments:

  • I took the Norwegian Purl class at stitches. I fell in love with it at first, but for me I get a vastly different gauge than my regular purl, so I find myself trying it and abandoning it.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 3/20/2005 3:18 PM  

  • Thanks for posting that. Always looking for a better way to purl.

    By Blogger Freecia, at 3/20/2005 9:11 PM  

  • Thanks for the link. I shall probebly spend a happy afternoon trying all the versions. I knit "English" style with one needle tucked under my right arm....no good for circulars so I'm keen to learn a different purl.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2005 5:06 AM  

  • I somehow taught myself this method of knitting when I was about 10. My mother was stumpted by my way of knitting and would not help me with anything. I also used a combined stitch for knits. I have to think out some aspects of patterns, but baby, when I get on a roll, its really fast.

    By Blogger Bev, at 3/23/2005 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home