Knit Flix

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Clapotis #2

I've been churning out the FO's and clearing my plate for the second Clapotis. My Clapotis. Never mind that it's 70 degrees today.

This one is also in Brooks Farm Yarn Four Play, but I'm doing things a little differently than with Clapotis #1.

I'm not purling the stitch to be dropped. For some reason, the ktbl on the left side of the purl st was looser than the one on the right. Not sure why, but knitting the stitch to be dropped solved that problem.

I'm not using stitch markers. Just don't want to deal with them.

I'm not adding the extra set of increases like I did on the first Clapotis. Having the colors stack perfectly was a nightmare, so I changed the width just to be on the safe side.

This Clapotis is being worked on US7's instead of 8's to firm up the fabric a bit.

Between the fewer increases and the tighter gauge, this piece is significantly narrower than the previous one, but that's okay. It'll be more scarf sized than shawl sized (and boy, was that a big shawl!!).

3 Comments:

  • Oh, it looks lovely! How nice to be knitting for yourself. Are you just keeping track of the drop points by noticing where the twisted stitches are? I'm sure I'd lose track!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 3/09/2005 6:48 PM  

  • Thanks! At the beginning of a RS row, I note where the twisted stitches start. From there it's [ktbl, k, ktbl, k3] all the way across. I'll double check now and then to make sure the ktbls are in the right spot. It's not that bad.

    How's the wedding knitting going?

    By Blogger Bogie, at 3/09/2005 7:51 PM  

  • I love how the clapotis looks with the Merino Silk. It's making me rethink knitting it in the mohair, because the stitches just look out of control and not even at all. I think part of the beauty of the clapotis is the evenness of the stitches between the dramatic drops. A froggin' I will go!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 3/10/2005 12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home