Knit Flix

Monday, March 14, 2005

A bevy of berries

After seeing Emy's Blueberry Waffle socks, I had to put them on my FWIP list.

Here they are in Spiced Berries (Elann Sock It To Me Colori).


I decided to approach these from the toe-up, so they started with a short row toe from the Double Trouble pattern. After finishing the toe, I started the waffle pattern on the instep. The waffle pattern continues on the bottom of the foot for 2 stitches on each side, followed by one stitch slipped every other row. The plan right now is to use the heel from Judy Gibson's You're Putting Me On socks.

The colors are stacking, but it's not so bad since they're spiraling around a bit.

The Elann SITM Colori yarn in Spiced Berries is not as crunchy as the Highland Heather, but it's still a little stiff. I can't wait to finish these and get them in the wash.

3 Comments:

  • I'm completely speechless that I inspired someone to knit something. :O

    By Blogger Emy, at 3/15/2005 12:05 AM  

  • AND I got my hair cut--not as fancy as yours, it was just a trim. :-D

    By Blogger Bogie, at 3/15/2005 2:10 PM  

  • I never thought of knitting socks from the toe-up. What an interesting idea! I'll follow up on your progress. lk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/15/2005 9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home