Knit Flix

Monday, March 14, 2005

FO 2005-10: Clapotis #2

My Clapotis is finished!


Yarn: Brooks Farm Yarn Four Play, color = 1504, 3x(4oz - 270yds)
Needles: Denise #7
Pattern: Clapotis, Knitty Fall 2004

I knit this one pretty much to pattern except for adding 4 repeats to the straight section. Now I wish I had added an extra set of increases or two. But I'm happy to report that the colorway didn't do anything awful like excessive pooling or stacking, so the width was just right from that perspective.

The finished size is 19x68 inches. At this point I'm wearing it as a scarf, so I'm not in a rush to block it.

Related posts:
Clapotis #2

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • What a wonderful FO! Also, WHOA on all the gift items you've managed in the last few months! I just got a Thank You card from a girlfriend to whom I sent a BBBB and she said she was surprised at how wonderful the blanket is, and how much she appreciates it. It makes you feel really great about knitting for others.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 3/14/2005 10:07 PM  

  • Your "Clapotis" is beautiful. Is there a lot of leftover yarn when you unravel the dropstitch latters?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2005 9:31 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/17/2005 9:31 AM  

  • Thanks Ava. I'm not sure tha I understand what you're asking. I used all of 3 hanks for the first Clapotis, and most of 3 hanks for this Clapotis. But when you drop a stitch it doesn't create leftover yarn, it just creates a ladder.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 3/18/2005 4:29 PM  

  • I'm still trying to decide what to use for a Clapotis - analysis paralysis, indeed. Is the Four Play light enough to wear around the Bay Area all year round? (especially those cold and foggy summer mornings?)

    I wish I could find a silk / cotton / wool blend so I could have the best of ALL worlds.

    thanks
    Nancy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/05/2005 10:46 AM  

  • Your Clapotis is lovely. I made mine single strand from Knit Picks Shimmer and I can say that it is not warm enough for our Bay Area summers, so I'm sure yours will be better.

    By Blogger Dympna, at 6/05/2005 11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home