Knit Flix

Saturday, July 16, 2005

I prefer "cardigan"

I think I have it.

I bought 8 balls of Austermann Candy Color in May, but didn't have a project in mind. I thought perhaps it could be another Clapotis, but after swatching a bit, decided against it.

For the past couple of days, I've been on the lookout for a project for bulky weight yarn. I think I have it--it's the Hot Lava Cardigan.

Yes, it resembles a shrug, but I prefer "cardigan".


Mini-swatch. 3 sts & 5 rows/inch on US 10-1/2 needles

8 Comments:

  • Oooh, what pretty yarn. I can't wait to see how this "cardigan" turns out.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 7/16/2005 6:01 PM  

  • Maybe you should just always call it "cardi", as that's a shortened version of cardigan? ;)

    By Blogger Emy, at 7/16/2005 7:36 PM  

  • Good one! From now on, it's the Hot Lava Cardi.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 7/16/2005 8:24 PM  

  • Whatever you call it, it's cute and I think it will look really nice in that yarn.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 7/16/2005 9:29 PM  

  • Hey this will work up quickly with the 10.5's!! Can't wait to see it.

    BTW, where do you store all your knitted garments? Do you & SO go to IKEA every quarter & get another chest of drawers?

    --Big sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/17/2005 4:47 PM  

  • This was looking good on Sunday... surely it's finished by now??? Great choice of project for this yarn!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 7/19/2005 11:29 AM  

  • Not yet--the second sleeve is done down to the elbow. Once the forearm & cuff are finished, it'll be on to the bolero instructions.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 7/20/2005 1:32 PM  

  • Storage? It's not pretty. All I ask is that you don't look in my closet.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 7/20/2005 1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home