Knit Flix

Thursday, January 26, 2006

2006-02: XL Felt Clogs



Did they shrink enough? That's what I was asking myself after the first wash cycle, the second cycle, the third, the fourth, the fifth... then I stopped counting. But I was determined.


Pattern: Fiber Trends Felt Clogs sized up to a Men's XL
Yarn: Cascade 220. Less than 880yds MC 9412 + less than 220yds CC 9408 for the cuff. 400gm total.
Needles: Denise #15


They're the right length but initial reports are they feel a little wide and the upper is roomy. But he hasn't been able to experience them fully because they've been drying since Monday night.

Soon, these will be the slippers of choice. How do I know? Because I can't wait to get into mine after a long day at work.

I've made footwear. That amuses me to no end.

Related post:
More felting magic

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Love them! And isn't that pattern the best? I've made 2 pair now and I can see many more in my future.

    By Blogger Heather, at 1/27/2006 6:27 AM  

  • wow, those turned out really great! i can't wait to make a pair now. my fuzzy feet always get a hole in the heal after one gentle handwash. i think the clogs look way more durable.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/27/2006 8:50 AM  

  • Beautiful, as usual! Congrats on conquering footwear.

    Once, in a used book store, I found a book on how to make your own shoes.. from the lasts right up to the laces. It was published in the 70's of course. Grow your own vegetables. Build your own furniture. Make your own shoes.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 1/27/2006 1:48 PM  

  • Love them!!! Great job

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/28/2006 6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home