Knit Flix

Saturday, December 24, 2005

FO 2005-27: Barney clogs

Barney, what big feet you have!


And get a load of the shrink factor. Amazing.

Pattern: Fiber Trends Felt Clogs
Yarn: 210gm Knit Picks Merino Style, Color = Iris;
50gm Elann's Peruvian Collection Highland Wool, Color = Victorian Violet
Needles: Denise #15
Size: M

The pattern is well written and very quick and easy to knit. Well, it would have been quicker if I didn't make an unplanned mod. Unfortunately I didn't catch the mistake until I was done knitting the body of the first clog. I had to rip out 20 rows to find it. But this is how quick the knitting is--ripping out and re-knitting was done in an hour.

The second clog went much faster. The body & cuff were done in less than a day and I finished the sole & bumper this morning. I can see why this pattern is a favorite with the knitters out there.

I wonder what it would take to size the pattern up for my SO? I know he's going to want a pair when he sees these. I'm going to need to investigate what mods would be needed for an XXL.

One thing I learned with the last 2 projects--don't try to do color correction without natural light. Poor KnitPicks Iris... it's been portrayed as 3 different shades of purple on this blog. But this last rendition is closer than the previous 2.

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a wonderful holiday and keep those needles clickin'.

Related post:
Pre-clog

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Love the clogs. How was the Knit Picks on felting?? I was thinking about doing a pair of Knitty.com fuzzy slippers and trying the Knit Picks yarn.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12/27/2005 8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home