Knit Flix

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Pre-clog

There's been a lot of felted slipper/clog talk on various knitting boards. I attribute it to a combination of the cold weather and holiday knitting.

So which one to knit? There are a lot of patterns out there, but I decided on the Fiber Trends Felt Clogs. The double sole sounded comfy and I like the option of the higher, more closed heel as well as the look of the 2 tone clog. Also, I had a good experience with the Fiber Trends Leaf Lace Shawl pattern so I'm happy to be a repeat customer.

I stopped by Commuknity today on my way back from Christmas shopping (I'm done! I'm done!). It was nice to see Nathania & Emy before the holidays. Thankfully they had the pattern in stock. I exhibited great restraint and walked out with just the pattern.

Here's the swatch before & after felting:

The dark color is the Knit Picks Merino Style from the Starburst sweater, and the light color is Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool from the Flame Stitch Cardigan.

Both yarns felted to the desired gauge. How about that?

5 Comments:

  • I am in awe of your precision!

    I hope your clogs turn out beautifully.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 12/17/2005 10:53 PM  

  • Wait...you stopped in on your way BACK from Christmas shopping? Dude, you were in the store at like 10:30...so you'd already been out and shopping before then?

    MADNESS, I say.

    By Blogger Emy, at 12/18/2005 12:14 AM  

  • Yup. By the time I stopped by to see you I had already been to the airport, the post office, Valley Fair, and after I left you I was on my way to Costco. Needless to say, I feel fast asleep before 10PM. Madness.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/18/2005 7:58 PM  

  • Wow.. what muppet color does that remind me of? I think 2 toned clogs in these two purples will be fabulous

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/19/2005 6:39 PM  

  • I have this same project in my FWIP list. I'm doing them for my husband in browns (he chose the yarn). They'll have to wait until after the holidays though. I look forward to seeing how yours turn out.

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 12/20/2005 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home