Knit Flix

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Mosaic progress

The Mosaic sock gussets were finished on Friday night.
Knitting-projects-1115

Then came the heel sole--the solid black portion directly under the back half of my heel--then the heel counter.
Knitting-projects-1118

What you're seeing is the 4th or 5th attempt at the heel. I didn't want to pick up any stitches so I borrowed the construction of the gusset, heel sole, and heel counter from Judy Gibson's You're Putting Me On socks, but used short rows to create the shape of the heel sole.

Also, I didn't use the slipped st heel from the book because I couldn't get the tension right and was getting holes at the sides of the heel counter. So I decided to work every st in every row.

Check out the symmetry of these socks.
Knitting-projects-1127

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home