Knit Flix

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Mosaics

I couldn't hold out. The Mosaic socks are on the needles.

Caesar's Check socks from Sensational Knitted Socks

The pattern is written cuff down, but I'm knitting them toe up with a round toe.

The foot alternates with 2 rows color, 2 rows black. The first attempt had the rounds beginning and ending at the bottom of the foot where it would be less noticeable visually. But the changin' of the colors was a bit bumpy which wouldn't have felt good on the sole of the foot.

The current approach is to use the Meg Swanson's jogless jog technique. See the elongated stitches underneath the stitch marker? Those are the jogless jogs. I do the lift&k2tog after the marker on every other round. That keeps the jogless jogs right on top of each other.

(The slight left turn at the bottom is due to an increase in that section.)

The jogless jog will be on the inside of the foot & leg of each sock.


9 Comments:

  • MUST. MAKE. ALL. THE SOCKS.

    Ooh, those are so cool. I know I want to make them (or something like them), and I think I have an interesting Koigu and then a black to go with it. Except I should finish my current ones first. Which means I need to get going on the toe. But then I've got this really pretty Claudia's yarn that would make very bright cheerful socks. And.... And....

    THIS is the problem with working in a yarn shop. Too much stuff! :O

    By Blogger Emy, at 11/16/2005 11:23 AM  

  • very pretty. i like the combination of black and color.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/16/2005 12:32 PM  

  • So are you changing where the beginning of the row is when you do the jog? Isn't that a pain in the butt?

    By Blogger Abigail, at 11/16/2005 8:01 PM  

  • Hi Abigail,

    Actually, the way I'm doing it keeps the beginning of the round in the same place, right after the marker. You could have the beginning of round shift to the left with every jogless jog, but as you said, that'd be a pain in the butt!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/16/2005 9:07 PM  

  • Love the way these are coming out. I still don't get the difference between why some peoples' jogless jogs move left and some don't. I'll have to see this in person, I guess.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/17/2005 3:15 PM  

  • I love that book! and I love those socks. They look great.

    By Blogger Alison, at 11/18/2005 5:08 AM  

  • Ooh, very cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/20/2005 8:28 AM  

  • Where is your pattern from? You picked a nice color combination.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/22/2005 8:24 PM  

  • Look under the first picture. There's a link to the book that contains the pattern, Sensational Knitted Socks.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/22/2005 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home