Knit Flix

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Must... knit.... socks...

I can't stop knitting socks.

In fact the rate of small needle knitting has picked up recently. I used to mix things up to give my hands a rest--project on small needles, project on larger needles, project on small needles, project on larger needles, etc..

But the last six projects have been mitts, socks, lace shawl, Bubby, scarf on US4's, and socks. Even Bubby was knit on US3's.

So what's my next project? *sigh* Socks.

It was about a month ago that Emy showed me a new book by Charlene Schurch. I like the approach--you get to choose the gauge, shoe size (and the tables go up to men's size 15!), stitch pattern, toe & heel.

Sensational Knitted Socks

I love the sock that's featured on the cover. Don't you think it'll look good in these colors?


But I want to save those until after I take the Fair Isle class at Stitches West. That's okay. 2 hanks of CTH yarn will make 2 pairs of socks.

So I'll make these socks first


and then make the Fair Isle socks after SW.

The CTH sock yarn came from Full Thread Ahead, a yarn store that just opened its doors on Monday. Actually, FTA has been in business since May, but their store front just opened. It's a nice shop that carries some yarn that I haven't seen at other local shops--Hand Jive Knits & Belisa Cashmere to name a couple. Hmmm, come to think about it, I'm not sure I've seen Cherry Tree Hill at the other LYS's either.

Like they say, variety is the spice of life.

And if you go to Full Thread Ahead, you might recognize the Leaf Lace Shawl that's on display.


7 Comments:

  • OH I definately need to get a copy of this book now!! Your tease! and LOVE the CTH yarns too!

    By Blogger soapy, at 11/06/2005 5:30 PM  

  • i love the colorws of that cherry tree hill yarn...beautiful! And the gloves are great! You inspired me to cast on for the broad street mittens...

    By Blogger me myself and i, at 11/06/2005 5:33 PM  

  • I love the Sensational Sock book too! I just got it along with Nancy Bush's Vintage Socks...both are great!!

    I just used CTH for the first time, on 2.0mm (US #0) and it's pilling like crazy already!! Did I get a bad batch or is this the nature of the CTH supersock? I'm an avid sock knitter and have never had this happen before with any other sock yarn!

    I love the colors you chose, I hope your mileage varies :)

    By Blogger Debi, at 11/06/2005 6:07 PM  

  • Knitting Arts has Cherry Tree Hill sock yarns, because that's where I've bought them.

    By Blogger Emy, at 11/06/2005 6:44 PM  

  • I love that shawl! I love the color

    By Blogger ., at 11/06/2005 7:03 PM  

  • Thanks Emy. I never seem to get over to Knitting Arts.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/06/2005 7:04 PM  

  • Hi Debi,

    I made these socks out of CTH
    http://knitflix.blogspot.com/2005/08/fo-2005-18-tahoe-broadripple-socks.html

    Since August they've been worn & machine washed regularly. No pilling yet.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 11/06/2005 8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home