Knit Flix

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Mittens in California?

Why not? It gets cold here.

Not mind-numbing, frozen-to-your-car-door kind of cold, but there are times when I'd like a nice pair of mittens to warm my hands. Like everyday in my office which for some reason is kept at the same temperature as a meat locker.

Plus, there's this:
Mitten KAL
Count me in!

I've made Marnie MacLean's Hooray For Me Gloves once, twice, and gave both pairs away. I like the pattern, but I'd like something a little different for myself.

What I'm thinking of is a combination of 3 patterns: Hooray For Me Gloves + Broad Street Mittens + Urban Necessity.

I'm familiar with the HFM glove pattern and it's closest to the gauge I'll be knitting. Broad Street is the convertible pattern that uses a yarn closest in gauge to the yarn I'll be using. Although Urban Necessity uses a worsted weight yarn, that pattern has you pick up stitches along the back of the hand to attach the mitten cap.

So the rest of the Trekking XXL will become the Hooray for Broad Street Urban Necessity. Or something like that.

3 Comments:

  • Ohhhhhh I do hope you will write this combo pattern up, it sounds wonderful!!

    Are they done yet?

    Can I see em?

    How 'bout now? LOL Just teasing (mostly) They sound like they will be awesome glottens!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/20/2005 9:59 AM  

  • Goodluck witht he glaves!

    By Blogger ., at 10/20/2005 4:51 PM  

  • Oh, I'm bad. I want to call them "Hooray for Urban Broads". *evil laugh*

    But perhaps "Street Neccessities for Me" is better, because you will be keeping them for yourself? There, see. That's much less evil!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 10/25/2005 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home