Knit Flix

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Grafting, grafting, grafting

As I was starting the last repeat of the ivy leaf lace pattern, I got a little sad. I was getting used to the 28 row pattern and was getting pretty good at it. So as the post-it notes started to move up the chart one last time, I thought that I'd have to find another project for this pattern so I could do it again some day.

Well you know what they say, be careful what you ask for because you just might get it. 2 dropped stitches made me frog back a number of rows until I could recover the stitches and resume the pattern. Then there were the forgotten YOs and even an extra YO or two. I thought I'd never finish the pattern!

Thankfully I did get through it successfully and now I've had my fill. No more ivy leaf lace any time soon.

So the next task was grafting.

Wow, that's a lot of leeetle stitches.

So I had my lunch, plopped myself in front of the TV, and started grafting. Anyone try grafting seed stitch to seed stitch? It's only a 6 stitch border, but it was a mind bender. If you don't look too close it's fine.


Maybe I'll block it after dinner. For now, I'm enjoying the pre-blocked goodness.



10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home