Knit Flix

Saturday, September 03, 2005

FO 2005-19: Multidirectional Scarf OSS*


Yarn: 50gm each, Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel #5040 & Regia 4fädig #1056
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars #4
Cast-on: 26sts
Pattern: Iris Schreier's MD Scarf pattern from the Multidirectional Knitting Yahoo!Group
Dimensions: 5-1/2" x 57" blocked

The pattern calls for a heavier weight yarn, but after buying the self-striping sock yarn from Jeni, I thought I'd give this pattern a go by alternating the sock yarn with some mostly-black Regia from my stash.

I swatched few times to figure out how to change colors and carry the yarn so the edges and the transitions looked neat. After that it was a quick knit--garter st all the way.

The good news is I still have enough Lana Grossa and black yarn to make 5 more. I'm not sure I'll make 5 more, but it's worth noting. They'd make nice Christmas presents, don't you think?

*OSS: Ilona saw my MD knitting at SnB a couple of weeks ago and said, "What's that, a multidirectional scarf of some sort?" Exactly. Since then, this project was the "Multidirectional Scarf Of Some Sort".

Related posts:
Yarn purchase
Tips for knitting a 2 color MD scarf

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Beautiful scarf Janice!
    Could you tell me how you were able to carry the yarns to give such a lovely edge?
    I'm knitting up a scarf with one yarn now but have plans for two colors.
    Always,
    Kitt

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/03/2005 12:11 PM  

  • Thanks Kitt. It's hard to put into words. I think I'll put a separate post together with photos to show how I carried the yarn.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 9/03/2005 5:27 PM  

  • That looks great, Janice!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 9/03/2005 8:35 PM  

  • Hey it's done! Can't wait to see it tomorrow - if you'll be there that is. It looks awesome!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/04/2005 12:24 AM  

  • Love the scarf. Please please post how you alternated the two different yarns as I've been planning to do the same thing with my MD scarf. Thanks!

    By Blogger Becky, at 9/04/2005 1:56 PM  

  • Very cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/06/2005 7:12 AM  

  • I've started this zigzag scarf, am stuck on step 3. I've completed the first part of the step, but when I start the second part of step 3, I'm lost. Can you help me?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9/20/2006 5:12 PM  

  • What kind of problems are you having with Step 3? If you're on row 16, I think I interpreted "bind off 2 sts" to mean slip one stitch onto the right needle, passed the first stitch over the stitch you just slipped. You've just decreased 1 st. Then continue with "k12, skp;" etc.. See if that helps

    By Blogger Bogie, at 9/22/2006 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home