Knit Flix

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

More sock yarn because I want it

[Editorial note: The "M" in MD scarf stands for Multidirectional, not Multidimensional. Oops! Sorry Iris.]

Not because I need it.

Jeni's got the spinning bug so she's selling off some of her stash to buy a wheel. She still has more to sell, so visit her sale page if you want (or need) more yarn.

Before I go on, can I just say one thing? Please don't teach me how to spin. Thank you.


I freed 3 skeins of Lana Grossa Meilenweit 100 Multiringel from her stash. Two skeins of the blue/black and one skein of the red/black. (Thanks Jeni, spin-on!)

I thought I'd make some DSO or son-of-DSO socks with the blue/black which is why I bought 200gms of it.

Apparently the yarn had other plans.

MD Scarf OSS

The pattern is Iris Schreier's Multidirectional Scarf. You can get the pattern for free if you join Iris' Multidirectional Knitting Yahoo!Group and introduce yourself. Once you finish the MD scarf and post a photo, she'll send you a Zig Zag scarf pattern. Plus, there's a pattern for a Lace Modular scarf and plenty of help from the Iris and the group members.

5 Comments:

  • May I be struck down before I get bit by the spinning bug, as well. Amen.

    By Blogger Ilona, at 8/23/2005 10:04 PM  

  • I considering being allergic to wool the only thing keeping me from learning to spin, because I don't think I could do it without dying.

    I like the scarf. I think the sock yarn had the right idea.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 8/23/2005 10:59 PM  

  • But aren't there some non-wool fibers that you could spin? Like soy or bamboo? Not that I'm trying to lead you down that path or anything. :-)

    Thanks, I like the scarf too. I agree, the yarn knew best.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/23/2005 11:05 PM  

  • Saw your post on the MD list...I love the scarf! I had also wondered about this pattern with sock yarn....did you change the # of cast on?

    Thanks for sharing! Lisa in Oregon

    By Blogger Sahara, at 8/24/2005 11:24 AM  

  • There are totally non-wool fibers for spinning...wasn't Amy Singer (of Knitty) recently talking about getting the spinning bug? She's allergic to wool, right?

    By Blogger Emy, at 8/26/2005 10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home