Knit Flix

Sunday, August 21, 2005

The stickers are here! The stickers are here!

In spite of not providing all of the information the DMV required, the Clean Air Vehicle stickers arrived this weekend.


Lovely, isn't it?

I washed the car and stuck them on as soon as possible--before I had the opportunity to think about it. If I had, I would have had some hesitation about defacing my car with four of these stickers. Two are 7" across and go on each side behind the rear wheel well, and the others are 5" across and belong on the front and rear bumpers. Nice.

But, it's okay. Tomorrow I get to drive where I've never been before, solo in the HOV lane on 237. My mpg will go down, but I should be on the road for a shorter period of time. Hopefully I won't get too much flack from the carpoolers.

5 Comments:

  • FOUR?! You had to put FOUR stickers on your car? I nearly went through all the pains of getting those stickers. But I hardly ever have to drive in rush hour. Now I'm glad I didn't bother. If you drive alot during commuting hours, it's totally worth defacing your poor hybrid. But if you don't...well, I can't justify it. Anyways, give 'em all a big grin as you zoom past in the carpool lane ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2005 8:43 AM  

  • Yup, four.

    But it was definitely worth it. I got to work so fast this morning, I didn't have time to finish my coffee! lol

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/22/2005 3:10 PM  

  • Will the stickers ever come off the car if you decide to sell it in the future? Wow! I bet you look like you are a pace car for the HOV lane.

    By Blogger Dusa, at 8/22/2005 5:22 PM  

  • Actually, my car looks like a state vehicle. :-(

    There's a lot of talk on the internet about just how to get the stickers off the car. By the way they went on, I don't think it's going to be easy getting them off without doing some damage. Hopefully the program will be renewed in 2008 so I won't have to worry about taking them off for a while.

    http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/08/20/HYBRID.TMP

    By Blogger Bogie, at 8/22/2005 6:22 PM  

  • ROFL...my DH got his too...and I told him he's gonna look like a taxi! That's what he gets for being such a gadget guy!

    (btw, saw your blog on Knitty..nice!)

    By Blogger LC in Sunny So Cal, at 8/23/2005 3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home