Knit Flix

Saturday, August 20, 2005

FO 2005-18: Tahoe Broadripple Socks


Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino. Color = Life's a Beach
Needles: Addi Turbo Circulars #1
Technique: cuff down, tubular cast-on, 2s2c
Pattern: Broadripple

Finito!

The only change I made to the pattern was to increase the number of stitches in the pattern to accommodate the finer gauge yarn and to knit on smaller needles

The stitch pattern change was straight forward. Instead of this:
*K2, yo, k3, ssk, k2tog, k3, yo, k2; repeat from *

I did this
*K3, yo, k4, ssk, k2tog, k4, yo, k3; repeat from *

The toe was finished when there were 24st remaining. I used Rebecca's method of avoiding dog ears and then grafted the toe.

Related posts:
Clogs, Cherry Tree Hill, and Leaf Lace: yarn purchase
ASA #3: I thought I had the right pattern
Let's rethink this: I realized it was the wrong pattern
That's better: I found a better pattern
Tahoe Socks: "Tahoe" socks are born

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home