Knit Flix

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Ivy Leaf Lace swatch


Ivy Leaf lace

It's not a camera trick, the swatch is wider on the bottom than it is on the top. It started on AddiTurbo 3.25mm and ended on 3.0mm needles. I like the tighter gauge better. Not only did I experiment with gauge and pattern, I also got to see what an errant dropped stitch looked like. Do you see it? It's not good. But it's just a swatch, right?

I've been thinking about the shawl design--rectangular, with a seed st or garter st border, starting and ending with the ivy leaf lace with perhaps a narrow panel in the center. The center section would be a nice visual break between the opposing leaf panels and if I threw in a few extra rows of st st at the transitions, it'll make grafting much easier.

An IM brainstorm session with Spinnity turned up a couple of ideas for the center--either a Celtic knot design or a trellis sounds good to me. Back to the stitch pattern books.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home