Knit Flix

Monday, July 25, 2005

Bamboooooooooo

I met Spinnity and knuknitter at the FiberArts Market in Oakland on Saturday. knuknitter wasn't able to stay long before she had to head to work, but we all took a good look at the Habu Textiles booth and the wonderful silk, soy, bamboo, stainless steel, and linen yarn for sale.

Spinnity and I spent the rest of the afternoon lunching, chatting, and shopping. I was browsing a lot more than shopping--although it was enjoyable looking at all the pretty fiber, most of the yarn that I was interested in could be purchased at my LYS for the same price so I didn't feel compelled to buy.

Booths where I exercised restraint were:

But I couldn't resist this:


If you can't read the label, it says,


It's almost 1500yds of bamboo yarn, and it's incredibly soft. I'll be amazed if I can wind it without turning it into a tangled mess. For now, I'll admire it in the hank.

The FiberArts Market wasn't as big (or overwhelming) as Stitches West, but I was in good company and that's what made it an enjoyable afternoon.

5 Comments:

  • Oooh, was Brooks Farm there?

    By Blogger Ilona, at 7/25/2005 11:12 PM  

  • I admire anyone who can have restraint around Tess Yarns - I always end up getting something there because their yarns are just so gorgeous.

    The Fiber Market wasn't as large as at Stitches, but it was still pretty fun to wander through.

    Jenipurr
    http://www.jenipurr.com/knitpurr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/26/2005 6:33 AM  

  • If Brooks Farm was there, I'd have bought more yarn for sure!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 7/26/2005 7:22 AM  

  • Great choice! I got the same yarn. :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/27/2005 6:41 PM  

  • I wasn't able to go to The Fiber Market, so I look forward to your review of Habu. I've been debating as to whether to carry it in the store. I just received a shipment of Hand Jive yarn - aren't they nice?

    By Blogger HoJo, at 7/31/2005 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home