Knit Flix

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Missed On the boat to Fair Isle

10/24/2005 Update:
Thank so much to sequinK and an anonymous commenter who pointed out that I was looking at last year's class schedule--my reward for using the non-Flash version of the Knitter's site.

Here's the 2006 Stitches West Class schedule.

Now I'm registered for Fair Isle Knitting and Intarsia in the Round. Whew!

***********************************

Less than a week after I heard that the Stitches West class registration was open, the class I wanted to take is sold out. It was the Fair Isle Knitting class with Beth Walker-O'Brien. Ugh. My fault. I should have signed up that day. And is it my imagination or was there an Intarsia in the Round class listed last week? I can't seem to find it now.

Maybe when you saw the title you thought I was referring to this? Not quite. I don't think I'm ready to live on an island with less than 100 residents. Besides, I'm sure there are other more qualified candidates--like those who aren't looking to improve their Fair Isle skills!

9 Comments:

  • It looks like when you enter through the "non-flash" version of the knitters' site, it takes you to Stitches 2005, not Stitches 2006.

    Here's the link to the correct page:

    http://www.knittinguniverse.com/flash/events/EventDetail.php?EventID=26

    Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/23/2005 10:38 PM  

  • The link you gave is to the 2005 schedule. It is open on the 2006 schedule!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2005 7:09 AM  

  • Ah, glad it worked out for you. I went straight home after SnB yesterday and registered for Fair Isle Knitting too, in fear that it would be sold out soon. Now we can sit by each other in class and pass notes, etc. ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2005 8:48 AM  

  • Dangit - Stitches West is the same weekend as a wedding I'm going to - IN SOUTH CAROLINA! Not awesome at all. :-(

    By Blogger Ilona, at 10/24/2005 9:44 AM  

  • Thanks! I thought I'd missed out on the stitches classes too. Yay!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/24/2005 12:50 PM  

  • Crap in a HAT, how many ways can one web site get in the way of common operations. I so want a job re-working the Knitter's web site.

    So glad you got the classes you wanted! So sorry web shennanigans got in your way!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 10/25/2005 12:13 AM  

  • congrats on getting the classes you wanted. fair isle work has been calling to me lately with it's many stranded siren song.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10/25/2005 6:42 AM  

  • Glad to hear you got the classes you wanted. I'm trying to decide whether to take two classes from Edie Eckman. Hopefully by the time I make up my mind they'll still be available!

    ~ Christina

    By Blogger Christina, at 10/26/2005 10:29 AM  

  • Aw, who wants to learn to knit something like Fair Isle when there are cabled ponchos waiting? Thought you might like to see the latest addition to that horror (check out my blog entry today.) Seriously? Congrats on the class - I can't wait to see what you whip up!

    By Blogger Dusa, at 10/26/2005 3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home