Knit Flix

Saturday, November 26, 2005

FO 2005-24: Mosaic socks

FO 2005-24 Mosaic Socks
Patterns:
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino, 2 oz each: Spanish Moss & Nero
Needles: Addi Turbos 2.5mm
Technique: Magic Loop, toe-up, round toe, tubular cast-off

In converting these to toe-up socks, I didn't get the heel quite right--the heel sole is sitting too far back. It should be completely under the heel so the counter wraps the back of the heel slightly. It's okay though. I put these to the clog test and it's not noticeable.

One interesting thing about these socks is that the mosaic pattern is not very stretchy. The socks fit just fine, but it takes a little bit of work to get them on.

These socks are about an inch shorter than called for in the pattern. I only wanted to use 2oz. of each color so I could get another pair of socks out of the yarn.

Related posts:
Must... knit... socks...
Mosaics
Mosaic progress
Why toe-up?

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • Those are absolutely beautiful. The heel looks great to me.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11/26/2005 2:47 PM  

  • Those are absolutely gorgeous. You inspired me with this project that I ordered the book this last week and I have my yarn. Now I just have to wait for them to show up.... Awesome job

    By Blogger KniTaPaLooZa, at 11/26/2005 4:52 PM  

  • How great! You knit the neatest stuff and I'd never have guessed that the FO would be like that.

    -freecia
    visit.freecia.com

    By Blogger Freecia, at 11/26/2005 7:32 PM  

  • Those look great!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 11/26/2005 9:15 PM  

  • Gorgeous socks! You are the sock master (mistress?). I am knitting socks right now with the same CTH in Spanish Moss. Love it.

    By Blogger Jen Hagan, at 11/28/2005 8:05 AM  

  • those are lovely!

    By Blogger kat, at 11/28/2005 9:46 AM  

  • Wonderful! I have my yarn for the Caesar's Checks, but I have to finish two pair of socks already on the needles first. I refuse to give into SSS!

    By Blogger Alison, at 11/28/2005 11:45 AM  

  • there Awesome! I just LOVE them and the colorway!

    By Blogger soapy, at 11/29/2005 6:29 PM  

  • Great job, as always! And I love the photography. I didn't know socks could give a "come hither" look, but you've sure captured the enticing nature of these socks!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 11/30/2005 2:34 PM  

  • I'm working on a pair of these now, top down. I'm confused by the pattern direction: 'weaving the slipped color across' for the heel flap. If you have any enlightenment for me, email me at sharon56@pacbell.net. Thanks!

    PS, the publisher had posted some corrections to the book. Most of them were already made in my copy, but not all. www.martingale-pub.com/Information/Corrections/B687_cor.htm

    By Blogger Sharon, at 10/01/2006 9:39 AM  

  • You need to carry the yarn across to the other side of the heel flap so you can knit with it on the following row. Knit with the working yarn and catch the yarn you're carrying every few stitches--just like you would in Fair Isle knitting.

    Hope that helps!

    By Blogger Bogie, at 10/01/2006 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home