Knit Flix

Saturday, December 03, 2005

Testing... testing

I answered a call for test knitters on Knitter's Review Forums last month and am now immersed in a new project.

Knit Flix test knitting sweater
Starburst Sweater by Kristin

The project is knit with KnitPicks Merino Style. One of the reasons why I was interested in doing this is because the Alice sweater uses the same yarn and this is a good opportunity for me to test drive it.

So far I like the yarn. It's soft and knits up fast. I'm curious to know how it holds up with normal wash & wear.

4 Comments:

  • That is gorgeous so far!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 12/03/2005 4:50 PM  

  • Wow the center pattern looks great. Do you think it needs a name? Something that reflects it's purple starburst nature? Purple = royalty. Purple + stars = dusk? gloaming? Aurora borealis. I'm coming up blank.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/06/2005 10:06 AM  

  • You hit the nail on the head, the sweater is called "Starburst". As far as a name for the blog goes, I may go with something else. I haven't decided.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/06/2005 10:34 AM  

  • I used Merino Style on my first real sweater that I finished last winter. It's lovely and soft but pills a bit in the friction areas. It's also very snuggly warm. Beautiful pattern!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12/06/2005 3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home