Knit Flix

Sunday, December 04, 2005

FO 2005-25: Alka Shhhhhawl aka Shhhhh!

Earlier this year I was working on a super secret project, one that I could not blog about because the giftee reads this blog.

The project previously known as "Shhhhh!" was gifted to my mother today. I am pleased to unveil the Alka Shhhhhawl.

Alka Shhhhhawl
Pattern: Alka from Stahman's Shawls and Scarves: Lace Faroese-Shaped Shaws from the Neck Down & Seamen's Scarves
Yarn: 1000yds, 100gms Belisa Cashmere
Needles: Addi Turbo 3.5mm, US #4

It's as light as a feather but provides a layer of warmth.


Knitting this was a challenge, mainly because the black yarn is so difficult to see. I learned quickly that natural light was a must and that wasn't an appropriate project to take to SnB. The one time I attempted to knit it in the group, I ended up having to rip out a handful of very long rows.

3 lifelines every 10 rows provided an extra bit of security just in case the wheels fell off.

It was in storage for months, so I got to appreciate it all over again when I wrapped it last night. Gee, did I knit that?

Mom loves it.




Related posts:
Shhhhh!
Moving along
Maybe Misty's in my future
Shhhhh! is off the needles

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home