Knit Flix

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

2006-01: Double-Cuff Mittens

Wow, my first finished object for 2006, Double-Cuff Mittens from

Knit One, Felt Too


Pattern: Double-Cuff Mittens from Knit One, Felt Too
Yarn: 95gm Knit Picks Merino Style, Color = Iris;
Needles: Denise #11, Inox 3.5mm Circ
Size: M

I considered knitting the cuff in Elann's Peruvian Highland wool, but used the Merino Style instead. I find the Peruvian Highland wool a little scratchy and wanted the softer merino against the wrist.

If I were to knit this pattern again, I might make the mitts narrower, lengthen the ribbed cuffs, and as Spinnity suggested, felt them a bit more. But those are minor changes. I like how these turned out.

Related posts:
Felted mitts
Not quite done

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • Thanks! Ive been flipping back to those pages int he book over and over, woindering if I should try them - and now I know I should! They look awesome!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 5:25 AM  

  • Those turned out great! I thought you might go for the merino instead.

    Makes me want to make a pair...right after I'm done with these two pairs of socks and two sweaters and these baby booties here, and...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/11/2006 7:15 AM  

  • I love the mittens! So cute! I bet they are wonderfully warm and soft. Great job :)

    By Blogger Heather, at 1/11/2006 8:52 AM  

  • Love the color of the mittens, and they look so very warm. I used to live in Michigan but now live in Southern California. Can't use something that warm down here, but would if I could!

    By Blogger Sue, at 1/11/2006 9:14 AM  

  • They look great! I hope the recipient appreciates them.

    By Blogger Abigail, at 1/11/2006 10:03 AM  

  • L-O-V-E them! They are gorgeous! I just might have to make some of those! :)

    By Blogger ., at 1/15/2006 8:30 PM  

  • Hi, love the blog - now I feel almost brave enough to try felting something that is meant to fit (rather than just bags and stuff)

    By Blogger Juliet, at 1/19/2006 5:29 PM  

  • Sorry, I can't remember if I double stranded the yarn. If I did, I should have included that in the post. If the pattern calls for double stranding, then I probably did.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/08/2006 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home