Knit Flix

Sunday, December 25, 2005

A knitterly Christmas

What a nice Christmas. It's a bit gloomy outside, but it's perfect weather if you're not going anywhere, and we're not. We're staying home and celebrating a cozy family Christmas. I couldn't have asked for anything more.

In addition to some really cool non-fiber-related stuff, I had some knitterly presents under the tree, 4 books from my parents and a skein of yarn from my niece and nephew.

Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles: a Manual of Elegant Knitting Techniques and Patterns,Second Book of Modern Lace Knitting,The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns : Basic Designs in Multiple Sizes & Gauges,
Domino Knitting (Knitting Technique series), and a skein of Woolease.


Spinnity & Bill sent over Bill's Wild Birds of Northern California 2006 Calendar. Bill has captured some amazing images and now we'll get to enjoy his photos all year long. Why's this a knitterly present? Because Spinnity & I are fiber buds from SnB. Maybe it's a stretch, but I really wanted to plug the calendar on the blog.


Here's one non-knitterly present that I'm so excited about, I have to include it in the list. It's not the iPod, it's the cable and connector. The interface is called iPod2Car and it allows me to play the iPod in the Prius through a hardwired connection. This gizmo plugs the iPod into the CD Changer input of the radio so I'm able to change the tracks and volume from the steering wheel controls. Sweet! Thanks honey!


So, what shall I knit next? These lace patterns are pretty amazing... or maybe a sweater? or socks?

8 Comments:

  • That's a very cool iPod interface! I got a RoadTrip, which is a cradle that plugs into the cigarette lighter and broadcasts my iPod on the radio. VW is coming out with an interface like you have, I think, but we decided that having it installed would be prohibitively expensive. Next car will have one. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Abigail, at 12/25/2005 7:30 PM  

  • I think I got Woolease in the same color (but I got *2* skeins!). Heh.

    By Blogger Emy, at 12/25/2005 10:47 PM  

  • My Beetle had a cassette player, so I used a mini-to-cassette adapter in it and it worked great. This car only has a radio and single CD player--I tried 3 different FM modulators but I couldn't get the quality of sound that I wanted. I think part of it is the many (many) radio stations in this area, as well as the shielding of the car. Unfortunately the wired unit is more costly and it was a paid installation... but now that it's in, I'm a happy camper.

    And about the Woolease--I think I have a bunch more of this color in storage in the form of a half finished sweater. Maybe it's time to salvage the yarn.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 12/26/2005 10:57 AM  

  • What a wonderful christmas!

    By Blogger Ilona, at 12/27/2005 9:13 PM  

  • I like the way the Woolease is sitting right below the Domino Knitting book. Perhaps they are destined to be together?

    Thanks oodles for plugging Bill's bird calendar on the blog! I hope you will enjoy the photos all year long

    By Blogger spinnity, at 12/31/2005 1:54 AM  

  • Merry Christmas, thanks for the plug!!

    By Blogger Bill Walker, at 1/02/2006 11:35 PM  

  • The iPod2Car website says that this unit is NOT compatible with any year model Prius.

    Kindly advise what model you purchased that worked on your Prius and also what model year your Prius was.

    Thanks, ERIC

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/04/2006 2:18 PM  

  • Hi Eric,
    Although the online application guide says the iPod2Car isn't compatible with a Prius, the online instructions say that it is. Go figure.

    The iPod2Car packaging says "iPod interface for Asian Import Vehicles". Above the barcode are the letters "PXDP-KA". The packaging has a copyright date of 2005. Also, the unit itself has a white control box, not a black one. (I heard the older ones had the black box.)

    The Prius is a 2005 with an AM/FM radio & single CD player, no CD changer, no cassette player, and no navigation.

    Research on the web led me to believe that a Toyota Y-cable was needed for the installation so we bought one at a Toyota dealer and gave it to the installer. However he didn't need it--he was able to get it to work with the cables that came with the iPod2Car.

    Hope that helps.

    By Blogger Bogie, at 1/04/2006 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home