Knit Flix

Saturday, July 28, 2007

On my way to a new toaster?

A couple of weeks ago some of us from the knitting group at work went to Purlescence at lunchtime to regain our sanity. Off to the side were 2 Louet Victoria wheels, one in beech and one in oak. Nice.

Nathania was more than happy to supply some Corriedale for a test drive and soon I was spinning away. The wheel was so smooth and quiet, it was a pleasure to use. After satisfying my curiosity and deciding it's not the right time to buy a new wheel, I introduced Tamara to spinning. (It's the next best thing, right? Enabling?)

Tamara had expressed an interest in spinning when I brought some handspun to the knitting group, so this was a perfect opportunity to get some fiber in her hands. We didn't have much time so I took to treadling while she drafted and Becky took pictures.


A team effort.


She's spinning!

Do we have a new recruit and will I earn points towards a new toaster? Time will tell!

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • I applaud your enabling efforts! I'm sure she'll be addicted soon, too...they all come around, eventually.

    By Blogger Sarah, at 7/29/2007 11:31 AM  

  • Look at her go! Mighty find spinning. And mighty find enabling, I might add... :)

    By Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel, at 7/29/2007 9:06 PM  

  • I wanna learn how to spin!!! :-p

    By Blogger Elemmaciltur, at 7/30/2007 3:05 AM  

  • Very good, my apprentice. By applying the same techniques I used to lure you in to spinning, you are setting the trap for the next recruit. I predict you will earn that toaster by Christmas time!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 7/30/2007 11:01 AM  

  • Oh, you can get Tamara over to the "dark side" but not me!
    Wait! That's what I said about felting. Darn! I'm doomed :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/02/2007 9:24 AM  

  • Spinning is loads of fun ....B Ware she doesn't forget her knits !

    I am currently awaiting my very own wheel can't wait !

    By Blogger i-can-d.i.y, at 8/04/2007 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home