Knit Flix

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Swept away

I tried to resist, but I couldn't stay away. After reading, "How are you going to feel when everyone is having fun without you?" I was toast. Oh sure, I put up a good front... left a comment saying I'd look away, that I'd try to last through Friday, blah, blah, blah.

Less than an hour later I was signed up. I'm officially one of 6700+ who are knitting the Mystery Stole #3.

Designer Melanie Leesburg suggests white or black yarn to stay true to the mystery theme. If I follow her guidance, almost all of the lighter weight yarn in my stash is ruled out.

There's the Panda Silk from Crystal Palace Yarns, but I only have 400 yds of it. I sent an email to Susan at CPY to see if she'd be interested in having me knit the stole in their yarn.

Crystal Palace Yarns Panda Silk
52% bamboo, 43% superwash merino, 5% silk


Susan responded with an enthusiastic "yes" and will be sending more yarn, so I made my swatch. Lovely pattern definition and beautiful drape. I found my yarn.

Mystery Stole #3 - Swatch

The beads were purchased yesterday at The Bead Asylum. It's amazing how different beads look in a tube as opposed out and laying on the swatch. I tried all different colors, shapes, and sizes--there was a really pretty green 8/0 hex that I loved, but was too small for the yarn. I decided on a classic tone-on-tone with a creme 4 mm cube. As an added bonus, the hole in these beads is HUGE and my crochet hook fits through easily.

From the bead store, it was a quick trip to Full Thread Ahead where Hollis concurred that the size 6 swatch looked best and I purchased a 24inch - US6/4mm Addi Turbo Lace needle.

Last night it was all knitting, all the time. Clue 1 had been out for a week and clue 2 was released yesterday morning. I was late in joining the knitalong, but I was determined to catch up.

Clue 1: Finished.

Mystery Stole #3 - Clue 1

Labels: , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

  • Wow, you are off to a gorgeous start! The beads look great with it, too.

    I'll be watching this grow.

    Susan at CPY

    By Blogger Crystal Palace Yarns, at 7/07/2007 9:57 AM  

  • Wow, it's gorgeous already. I love the look of the yarn you're using. Very nice.

    I'm hoping to get a good start on mine this weekend. Been too busy to wind 1300yds into a ball up until now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/07/2007 10:44 AM  

  • That yarn is definitely a winner - your stole looks lovely! Great job. I'm one of the Slow Bees - I just finished Chart A and am sandwiching housework and knitting.

    By Blogger Suzanne, at 7/07/2007 1:30 PM  

  • Your knitting is beautiful!!! I am working on clue 2 also. Where are you located? I also visit Full Thread Ahead and frequently knit there on Monday nights!

    By Blogger stitchin' girl, at 7/07/2007 2:58 PM  

  • beautiful!
    I love the yarn....

    By Blogger Heidi, at 7/10/2007 7:08 AM  

  • ooh, pretty! I like the classic look of the tone on tone with bead color and yarn color. Can't wait to hear how you like the Addi lace needles. I don't even knit lace and I'd like to try them out!

    By Blogger Juls, at 7/11/2007 6:01 PM  

  • Yipes! Gone for 12 days and I'm a full hobby behind! Beaded lace, now? Looks stunning!

    By Blogger spinnity, at 7/15/2007 11:02 PM  

  • It looks great in that yarn! I love the way yours is turning out. And poor Spinnity missing out on all the fun.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/17/2007 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home