Knit Flix

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spinning with friends

Spinnity & Kristi hosted a spin-in yesterday and it was an enjoyable afternoon of spinning, good food & drink, and good times.


Hannah .

Hannah brought her son M. M has been fascinated by the spinning wheels and wanted to learn to spin so he could make yarn for his mom. That's so sweet!

Spinnity & Kristi taught M to spin using a drop spindle and eventually a wheel. M is sitting on the far side of the bench in this photo, spinning his first singles.


Kristi & M .


Kristi's singles .

Kristi made an observation that blew me away--Spinnity taught everyone in the room how to spin. Isn't that amazing? Well, everyone except Hannah. Watch out Hannah, you might be next!


Jeni .


Jeni's singles .


Lori .


Lori's singles .

I can't believe I didn't get a photo of Spinnity spinning or knitting her first project with her handspun, a darling hat. Darn. I hope Hannah, Kristi, Lori, or Jeni got a photo of Spinnity.

I was spinning merino-silk that I purchased at Purlescence. The women of Purlescence know their clientele. They have shelves of fiber right at the register. I'm able to resist the candy at the supermarket checkout, but my willpower wanes when leaving my LYS.

Look how pretty!

Merino Silk 80/20 .

And this is the 8 oz of Oatmeal Blue Faced Leicester that I finished spinning and plying last week. The yarn will be twined mittens for my SO, so it is S-spun and Z-plied. It was so loosely plied, I added more twist this morning. It's better now and it's soft and squishy and beautiful.

Blue Faced Leicester .

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • That was so much fun. Thanks for taking photos. I was a bad blogger and only got one photo of a pile of fiber/projects all sitting together. I can't wait for next month!

    By Blogger theknitist, at 6/11/2007 7:11 AM  

  • what LOVELY pics janice! matty had so much fun. good LORD.. he couldn't stop talking about it. look what YOU guys did! :) well.. not exactly you. i blame jeni first..i think i will just sit and adore my beautiful spinners .. and knit the yarn mathieu spins for me. i know mathieu canNOT wait for the next spinning shindig. p.s. i took LOADS of pics of mary .. :) and matty .. hahha.. with mary's camera.

    By Blogger hannahbeekuhns, at 6/11/2007 9:38 AM  

  • That Bluefaced that you spun up looks amazing. *awe*

    By Blogger Ilona, at 6/11/2007 10:09 AM  

  • Ohh. What pretty BFL!

    By Blogger Freecia, at 6/11/2007 10:42 AM  

  • I really have to make it next time...
    All of that beautiful fiber is making me drool! vwkur

    By Blogger Cindy/Snid, at 6/13/2007 10:56 AM  

  • Great photos, Janice! The re-plying of the BFL looks awesome. And the more I look at that silk / merino, the more I like it. Maybe I should have bit the hook yesterday at Purlescence.. hmmmm.

    By Blogger spinnity, at 6/16/2007 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home