Knit Flix

Friday, June 29, 2007

Sydney on the horizon

The sock pattern was named back when the stitch pattern looked a little bit different, back when I first started this design project. I knit and knit and knit, but kept running into design issues about half way through. This one was a challenge.

I've got it worked out now after multiple cycles of ripping and reknitting. Heck, I wasn't sure the yarn would survive let alone my sanity. But the yarn held up very well--a real positive--and my sanity is still intact (says me). There's something to be said about being a Taurus--stubborn, bullish, determined.

The keys to solving the problems were modifying the stitch pattern to design in more stretch and adding stitches to the cuff and the instep (not the sole, just the instep). Plus I needed a stretchy stitch pattern for the heel flap, but wanted it to compliment the cuff pattern.

Want to see what I have so far? (Click on a photo for a closer look.)

Sydney


Sydney heel detail


Sydney heel detail

This sock pattern will be available from Crystal Palace Yarns. The yarn is Maizy, 82% corn fiber, 18% elastic nylon.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home