Knit Flix

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Contest winners

That's right, there's more than one winner of the Sheep Skin Pelt contest.

Thanks to everyone who participated! There were plenty of funny suggestions for what to do with the pelt and after careful deliberation by the judges, the winner of the STR Fire on the Mountain sock yarn is... Kathy!
I think you should keep it as a conversation piece, especially for non-knitters. When asked why you have it, you can tell them that once the sheep got wind of the size of your stash, it said, “Here. Just take it. I give up.” Of course, this would be followed by explaining what a “stash” is and showing it to said non-knitters. Let the conversation begin!

Other knitters would understand immediately and envy the “personal touch” it adds to your stash while any non-knitters who already knew about your stash would just nod in agreement with the sheep and continue on with their “I don’t get it” thoughts.


Elaine submitted an entry that was so creative I was compelled to go into the stash and find another STR prize.
As he walked out the door
"Put the pelt on the floor"
My husband said to me.
"Use it as a rug"
He said with a shrug,
"Another use I don't see".

"Oh no" said I,
With a wink of an eye,
"I'd dye it before I did that.
I'd pick a bright tone".
"Not purple" came his moan
"Better brown like our old tabby cat".

"You can shear it" he said
With a nod of his head
"And wash it and spin it too.
Then knit up a sweater,
Or would a shawl be better?
After dying it a nice shade of blue".

"But the pelt isn't mine"
As I sat down to dine,
I said to my husband dear.
"A suggestion I need
That the owner will heed,
Must be funny and also be clear".

"Then make it a cape,
It has a nice drape",
He said with a noticeable grin.
And so I pass on to you,
My suggestion or two,
And now I hope I will win!

Elaine-who-really-wants-to-win-although-greed-is-not-becoming!


Congratulations!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • This is Elaine who is definitely so excited! Thanks - I loved the socks, and I loved the contest, and I'm glad you enjoyed my poem. The pelt acted as my muse.

    By Blogger Elaine, at 8/09/2007 5:37 AM  

  • And this is Kathy, whose co-workers are still trying to get her to settle down after reading about her win. Elaine, I LOVE your poem! How creative!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/09/2007 6:31 AM  

  • Both great entries! Congrats!

    By Blogger Kim, at 8/10/2007 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home