Knit Flix

Sunday, August 19, 2007

More photos from the Fair

California State Fair
August 17-September 3


Silk Tablecloth by Julie Powers


Lace
L-R: Marilyn Gibson, Julie Powers, Betty Fryer



The Sandlot
There's a kite stuck in the tree.



Miner's abode


Wolf Mask by Lilleah West
In the Adult Apparel division.


Stuffed Chair


H. G. Wells-like machine


The pillar is covered in plastic army men.


The pillar is surrounded by tombstones.


Piece on War


WTC I-Beam
Weighing 2000 lbs per foot, this I-beam was part of the WTC during 9-11. The piece of steel at the top was twisted like it was made of clay. The I-beam was brought to CalExpo to be part of a Sept 11 Memorial display.

Unfortunately I didn't capture the names of all of the pieces or the artists. Next time.

2 Comments:

  • Thanks so much for sharing those photos. It looks like there is an impressive installation of art at the Cal State Fair. I will have to try to attend next year.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/20/2007 2:46 PM  

  • Why did I get rid of all my stuffed animals from childhood? I could have new living room furniture!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/22/2007 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home