Knit Flix

Saturday, October 27, 2007

It's the little things

I've been pretty stressed out at work, so I've been in need of quick gratification from my knitting basket (and some relief from the stress of crocheting the same sleeve for the 4th time--that's a story for a future post).

Last weekend I started a little sock for a little boy in Phoenix. The Bobaknitters gave me advice about how many sts to cast on and I proceeded with Ann Budd's pattern for the heel and toe.

A couple of days later, I had these:


I made the cuffs a little long so they could be folded down.

Yarn: Lisa Souza Sock! Merino, Color = Petroglyph, approx 14gms / 72 yds
Needles: US1 / 2.25 mm
Pattern: K2, p2 rib for cuff & instep, heel & toe from Ann Budd's Better-Than-Booties Baby Socks (PDF)

The yarn was left over from the socks I made for myself--it's amazing how many yards you get in one hank of Lisa Souza's Sock! Merino.

I still had enough to make a matching hat.

Yarn: Lisa Souza Sock! Merino, Color = Petroglyph, approx 22gms / 112 yds
Needles: US2 / 2.75 mm
Pattern: Newborn (Preemie) Hat sized up to 13":
CO 104sts.
2x2 rib for 1-1/2".
St st until measures 5-1/4" from CO edge.
[K11, k2tog] around.
Knit all sts.
[K10, k2tog] around.
Knit all sts.
Decrease in this manner every other round until 48 sts remain. Decrease every round until 8 sts remain. Cut yarn and pass through live sts.

Work? It'll calm down in ~2 weeks. *sigh*

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home