Knit Flix

Saturday, September 29, 2007

A visit from Lady Luck


Knit & Crochet Show Fall 2007

Spinnity and I met my mom at the Knit and Crochet Show in Oakland today for some morning shopping. When we arrived, we filled out our door prize coupons, turned them in, and proceeded into the marketplace.

We dropped Juliet off at the Habu Textiles booth so she could work the show.


Spinnity, Juliet, and me

It wasn't long before we heard my name over the PA system--they had drawn my name for a door prize! It sounded like I won some yarn, but I couldn't hear where I was supposed to go. We kept shopping and soon I was lost in the fiber at Carolina Homespun. I didn't walk away empty handed.


1 pound Merino Top


2 pounds Merino/Tussah Silk

Before we left, Mom & I searched out the door prize. I thought it would be a hank of alpaca or something. Oh no, it was much better than that.


Door prize

As if the box wasn't enough, there was yarn inside. Very very (very) nice yarn.


Soooo soft!

The prize was from Argosy Luxury Yarns in Orange County, a new small company that specializes in custom one-of-a-kind hand painted yarns. I received 2 hanks of Haiku 4 Ply 55% silk 45% cashmere in Raven (gray), 2 hanks of Nicole DK 100% silk in Plum, and 1 hank of Zen 4 Ply 100% cashmere in Wall Street (multi).

The box and its contents attracted the attention of a few people--like Donna from the John Marshall booth (absolutely gorgeous fabric). Spinnity captured the moment.


Donna

Donna pointed out that the colors went perfectly with what I was wearing--how about that?

\

As Sandi said, I did very well. One word that I heard from Spinnity, my mom, and my other knitting friends was, "Again?!". I know. It blows my mind. I've been very fortunate.

Thank you Argosy & TKGA.

Labels: , , , , ,

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home